Rafizi urges PKR to probe person behind sex video leak

PKR vice-president Rafizi Ramli.

KUALA LUMPUR: PKR vice-president Rafizi Ramli has urged his party to probe how those who circulated the sex tape gained access to the phone numbers of party officers in Sabah, Sarawak and the peninsula.

His call comes hours after party deputy president Mohamed Azmin Ali made the same call earlier today.

Rafizi said the party should be fair to Azmin by investigating this matter.

“I am sure the matter will be raised during the party meeting.

“If there are any issues raised, the party should explain appropriately,” Rafizi told reporters at the Pandan constituency Raya open house.

Azmin had said a gay sex video, in which he was implicated, was circulated through WhatsApp and not through other social media such as Facebook and Instagram.

He said only certain people had been given access to all the phone numbers of branch leaders and lower-ranked office bearers.

Azmin, who has strongly denied allegations that he is the person in the video, said even he did not have access to such information.

He had further asked the party to identify the person who created the WhatsApp group.

PKR secretary-general Saifuddin Nasution Ismail has denied that the party’s headquarters provided such data or information to branch leaders.

Rafizi urged all parties to stop speculating on the sex video clips and hoped a transparent probe will be carried out by the authorities.

He said it was best to leave the investigations to the police instead of speculating who was the mastermind behind the sex video.

“If the authorities are investigating, they will be able to find the answers such as who is in it and the person who spread the video.”

Rafizi also denied allegations by certain quarters that linked an individual in his camp for spreading the videos.

Rafizi said despite the sex tape controversy, PKR is still in stable condition.

On Wednesday, Haziq Aziz, the private secretary to Deputy Primary Industries Minister Shamsul Iskandar Mohd Akin, admitted he was the man in the sex video. He was later detained by police and had his statement taken before being released on police bail.