PETALING JAYA: The Magistrate’s Court here today ordered actor Farid Kamil Zahari to enter his defence on four charges, including injuring a policeman at the Kota Damansara traffic police station in January last year.
Magistrate Nor Arifin Hisham made the decision after the court found the prosecution had succeeded in establishing a prima facie case.
“The court makes this decision after reviewing the submissions and considering the testimony of witnesses,” said Ariffin.
He fixed July 17 and 18 for the “Lagenda Budak Setan” actor to defend himself against all four charges.
Earlier, when asked by the court, Farid, who is the husband of actress Diana Danielle, chose to testify under oath from the witness box.
Deputy public prosecutor Alia Sumayyah Amran prosecuted while the actor was represented by lawyers Amirul Ridzuan Hanif and Megat Syazlee Mokhtarom.
Seven prosecution witnesses were called to testify.
On Jan 16, 2018, Farid, 38, pleaded not guilty to two counts of deliberately causing injury to Ashraf Ahmad, 36, and Constable Muhammad Nizam Jamaluddin, 25.
Farid also faces two counts of using criminal force and for uttering improper words against Nizam, with the intention of preventing him from doing his job.
On May 15, the actor was sentenced to nine months’ jail by the Magistrate’s Court here for drug abuse, but on Wednesday, the Shah Alam High Court allowed the actor’s application to postpone serving the sentence.
When met outside court, Farid smiled when the press tried to ask him questions and said his 35 days in Kajang Prison since May 15 had been an eye-opener.
“Thank God everything went well. I am grateful to God and thank the people for all their prayers for me.”
Asked about how he felt on meeting his two children, Muhammad and Nur Aurora, after being released yesterday, Farid smiled and said, “my children are winsome as ever”.