Family offers RM50,000 reward for information leading to Nora Anne’s return

A search and rescue team of close to 350 personnel is looking for Franco-Irish teen Nora Anne Quoirin. (Lucie Blackman Trust and family pic)

PETALING JAYA: The family of missing Franco-Irish teen Nora Anne Quoirin has offered a reward of RM50,000 for information leading to the return of their daughter.

In a statement today, the family appealed to anyone with information on the 15-year-old’s whereabouts to come forward with the information to assist the search.

“The police have been working extremely hard to bring Nora home. In order to help their investigation, we have decided to offer a reward,” the statement said.

The family said the money was donated by an anonymous Belfast-based business.

Nora Anne, who has learning difficulties, went missing more than a week ago while vacationing with her family at the Dusun Resort in Nilai, Negeri Sembilan.

This morning, the authorities deployed their biggest search and rescue team yet, comprising 348 personnel, including members of the elite police VAT 69 commandos.

Members of the public such as seasoned hikers have also been actively involved in the search and rescue efforts.

Those with information may contact the police hotline at 011-12285058, while those outside Malaysia may email [email protected].

Traditional medicine practitioners offer help

A group of five Islamic traditional medicine practitioners today offered their services to the search effort.

The group’s representative, Mohd Khalid Mohamed, said they had come to the search area from Skudai, Johor, in response to calls for members of the public to take part in the search.

“We hope the child will be found safe,” he told reporters here, adding that the group had made some endeavours this morning at the hill slopes and along the river course.

He said the group had previously offered their services in the search for hiker Mohammad Ashraf Hassan, 29, who was lost while taking part in the Gopeng Ultra Trail 2019 sporting event on March 23.

Among those who visited the search area today was Transport Minister Anthony Loke Siew Fook, who is MP for Seremban. He spent an hour at the search area today, receiving a briefing on the operation from Nilai district police chief Supt Mohd Nor Marzukee Besar.

Loke said: “We have confidence in the SAR team to continue their search and we play a role in providing food and other support to ensure that their morale remains high,” he said, expressing hope that the girl will be found soon.