KUALA LUMPUR: Defence Minister Mohamad Sabu says search and rescue (SAR) efforts for the two soldiers who have been missing since July 19 in Pulau Perak, Kedah, will continue with land searches.
This follows the ministry’s statement that SAR efforts to locate Corporal David Edmund Rapi and Lance Corporal Moses Logers have been stopped.
The Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency also said it had found no leads or bodies despite a 72-hour search.
“Land searches are still ongoing, and we will continue the operations at sea if there are any leads,” Mohamad said in a press conference at the ministry today.
“So far, no new leads have emerged. So our search continues, primarily on land.”
On July 22, the ministry said David and Moses, who are attached to the Fourth Battalion Royal Ranger Regiment at Bukit Cowder Camp in Perlis, had gone missing after a late-night roll call.
The Sarawak government has asked the defence ministry to allow David’s and Moses’ families to retrieve their personal belongings.