Perak police resubmit investigation papers on alleged rape case

Perak exco Paul Yong. (Facebook pic)

IPOH: Perak police have resubmitted the investigation papers concerning a state executive council (exco) member linked to the alleged rape of a housemaid to the Attorney-General’s Chambers (AGC) for further action.

Perak police chief Razarudin Hussain said the investigation papers were submitted last Friday.

“Insha Allah the decision will be announced next week,” he said when contacted by Bernama today.

On Aug 9, Razarudin said the investigation papers were returned for the second time to the police by the AGC for a more detailed investigation to provide justice to both parties involved.

On July 8, a 23-year-old Indonesian national lodged a police report alleging that she had been raped by the state exco for housing, local government, public transport, non-Islamic and village affairs, Paul Yong, at her employer’s house in Meru.