Police pledge detailed probe into burglary at Paul Yong’s house

State executive councillor Paul Yong says two safe boxes were stolen. (Bernama pic)

IPOH: Police are conducting a detailed investigation into the recent burglary at the home of Perak state executive councillor Paul Yong Choo Kiong.

Perak police chief Razarudin Husain said the investigation would also look into whether the break-in was related to Yong’s trial on a charge of raping a 23-year-old Indonesian maid at his home.

Yong who is Tronoh assemblyman, was charged at the Session’s Court on Aug 23. He pleaded not guilty.

Razarudin said police have recorded statements from several people, including the security guards at the 24-hour guardhouse of the Yong residence at Meru Desa Park.

Yong said last week that his house in Meru Raya, which he has occupied for the past six years, was burgled while he was away from Nov 22. He only became aware of the break-in on his return on Dec 1. Two safe boxes were stolen, he said.