KUALA LUMPUR: Two more Covid-19 patients have recovered and have been allowed to return home today, bringing the total number discharged to 20 out of 22 confirmed cases.
The other two are receiving treatment at hospitals and in a stable condition.
In a statement today, the health ministry said there had been no new confirmed cases.
It said the patients discharged today were Chinese nationals – a 37-year-old woman who tested positive on Feb 5 and another 38-year-old woman confirmed with the virus infection on Feb 12.
They had received treatment at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital and Putrajaya Hospital, respectively.
Health Minister Dzulkefly Ahmad also shared the latest Covid-19 updates on his Twitter account.
The tweet, posted following Dr Mahathir Mohamad’s resignation as the prime minister, said it was Dzulkefly’s last as the health minister.
“My last tweet as YBM (minister). Thank you!” he said.
In Singapore, the manpower ministry said it had rejected about 500 applications a day for work-pass holders returning to Singapore because they had a travel history to mainland China .
The ministry said that it now approves an average of 220 applications a day, and had revoked the work passes of 11 workers who entered Singapore without approval.