PETALING JAYA: The health ministry today confirmed 20 new Covid-19 cases in the country, bringing the total number of cases to 149.
Health director-general Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said they were now attempting to trace the close contacts of the 20 patients.
He also said that of the total sum, 124 had close contact with Covid-19 victims.
Noor also said the 78th victim, who tested positive for Covid-19, had been discharged from hospital, bringing the number of patients who have recovered fully from the virus to 26.
In a related matter, the ministry also said all 66 Malaysians and their family members brought home on Feb 25 from Wuhan, China, via a Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) mission, had been allowed to return home after being under quarantine for 14 days.
“None of them displayed any symptoms and their tests came back negative.”
The health ministry also said that the International Health Regulations Focal Point Brunei had informed its Malaysian branch that one of the Covid-19 cases it had confirmed earlier had attended a religious function in Masjid Seri Petaling in Kuala Lumpur from Feb 27 to March 1.
“The function saw some 10,000 people from several countries, including Malaysia, in attendance, of which 5,000 were Malaysians.”