PETALING JAYA: Police have ordered several toll plazas to shut down, with only select vehicles allowed to pass through as authorities step up enforcement of the movement control order (MCO) to contain the Covid-19 virus.
Vehicles without approval will be ordered to make a U-turn at one of several exit points before the toll plazas.
The affected toll plazas are
1. Plaza Tol Jalan Duta (Km31.3) – vehicles diverted to Lane 1
Affected route: Jalan Duta (Km31.2) to Bukit Raja (Km-1.25)
2. Plaza Tol Sungei Besi (Km310.1) – vehicles diverted to Lanes 1 & 4
Affected route: Sungei Besi (Km310.8) to Seremban (Km263.9)
3. Plaza Tol Skudai (Km14.8) – All lanes closed
Affected route: Skudai (Km14.3) to Machap (Km72.0)
4. Plaza Tol Kuala Kangsar (Km241.43) – only north-bound vehicles allowed
Affected route: Changkat Jering (Km219.6) to Ipoh Utara (Km275.0)
5. Plaza Tol Ayer Keroh (Km195.4) – All lanes closed
Affected route: Simpang Ampat (Km216.9) to Pagoh (Km142.7)
6. Plaza Tol Pedas Linggi (Km239.7) – All lanes closed
Affected route: Seremban (Km263.9) to Simpang Ampat (Km216.9)
7. Km327.2 – Closed for north-bound vehicles until Persimpangan Bertingkat Tapah (Km326.8)
Affected route: Ipoh Utara (Km275.0) to Bidor (Km339.3)
PLUS says all its highways to stay open
PLUS Malaysia Berhad (PLUS) said all its highways will continue to operate throughout the MCO as they are critical linkages for the nation.
PLUS head of corporate, community and public engagement Syed Mohammed Idid said motorists may call PLUSRonda and the toll-free PLUSLine 1800 88 0000 available 24 hours a day in case of emergencies.
However, he said all filtering, inspection and diversions of routes heading towards the highway are within the police’s authority and jurisdiction.
He advised those travelling to contact the police hotline at 03-2266 3356 for latest updates on road diversions and inspection.
PLUS runs the North-South Expressway, New Klang Valley Expressway, Seremban-Port Dickson Highway, North-South Expressway Central Link, Malaysia-Singapore Second Link, Butterworth-Kulim Expressway and the Penang Bridge.