KUALA LUMPUR: These are the initiatives available to the public today under the government’s economic stimulus package designed to cushion the impact of the Covid-19 crisis as well as the Prihatin Rakyat Economic Stimulus Package announced by Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin last Friday
The packages, totalling RM250 billion, are intended to protect the people, support businesses and strengthen the economy in the face of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Special allowance of RM600 for health and medical personnel.
- Special allowance of RM200 for members of the armed forces, police, customs, immigration, Fire and Rescue Department, Civil Defence Force and Rela personnel.
- Deferment of Skills Development Fund Corporation (PTPK) loan repayments for six months.
- Discount of 15% on electricity bills for the tourism sector and 2% for the commercial, industrial, agricultural and household sectors in Peninsular Malaysia.
- Discount on electricity consumption, whereby the government and Tenaga Nasional Bhd will allocate another RM530 million to provide discounts of between 15% and 50% based on electricity consumption with a maximum of 600 kilowatts per month.
- Free high-speed internet of 1GB daily for all postpaid and prepaid customers of Celcom, Digi, Maxis and U Mobile throughout the movement control order period.
- One-off payment of RM600 for taxi drivers.
- Deferment of income tax instalment payments for three months for small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
- Deferment of income tax instalments for six months for businesses in the tourism sector.
- Moratorium on loan repayments to Tekun, Mara, cooperatives and other government agencies for SMEs.
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST DATA ON THE COVID-19 SITUATION IN MALAYSIA