PUTRAJAYA: Travelling interstate for workers will be allowed from May 7 to May 10, Senior Minister (Security) Ismail Sabri Yaakob says.
“Police will prepare a time schedule for the travel,” he said during a press conference here.
He said registration, through the Gerak Malaysia app, had ended yesterday.
Police received 500,000 applications for individuals to return to cities and to their kampungs through this app.
Earlier, the public was told to download the app and apply for travel to other states.
Ismail urged bosses from the private sector not to take action against workers who do not turn up to work as they may be out of the cities.
“I hope no action will be taken against these workers. This is not their choice for not being at work. They will have to travel according to a schedule drawn up by the police.”
Ismail further asked civil servants not to rush home to start work as permission had been given for them to only return to office after the travel date set by the police.
“For example, if their travel schedule falls on May 8 (Friday), they can wait until the following Monday to resume work,” he added.
During the press conference, Ismail said as of yesterday, police had mounted 820 roadblocks nationwide and inspected 486,307 vehicles.
A total of 410 individuals were arrested for breaching the MCO, compared to 683 the day before.
Of that number, 372 were remanded and 38 were released on police bail, pushing the total number of arrests since the MCO began on March 18 to 23,266.
Over 5,069 public sanitation operations have been carried out since March 30, including in 61 yellow and red zones. A total of 8,769 government and business premises, as well as public areas, have since been disinfected.
Fake or not? Check our quick fake news buster here.