KOTA KINABALU: Sabah health authorities have urged those intending to return to the state to postpone their trips after 10 people travelling from the peninsula were found to be infected with the Covid-19 virus.
“If they cannot postpone their trips, then always practise social distancing, wear face masks as well as maintain hand hygiene and proper coughing etiquettes,” state health director Dr Christina Rundi said in her daily briefing last night.
“They also have to ensure they are checked for symptoms and their body temperatures taken at entry points,” she added.
Sabah has so far reported 330 infections.
On May 13, two more cases were recorded among UMS students. So far, three students from the university have tested positive for the virus.
Rundi said authorities were doing their best to ensure the management of students arriving at the Kota Kinabalu International Airport.
All travellers entering Sabah including students from the peninsula are required to undergo a 14-day quarantine.
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST DATA ON THE COVID-19 SITUATION IN MALAYSIA
Fake or not? Check our quick fake news buster here.