KOTA KINABALU: The number of flood victims in Sabah continued to rise today, with 1,210 people from 375 families placed at 15 temporary evacuation centres in several districts as of noon.
According to a statement from the Sabah disaster management committee, 323 victims from 102 families were placed at four centres in Kota Belud and 634 people from 192 families at eight in Tenom.
“In addition, 62 victims from 20 families have been placed at a centre in Papar, 19 from five families at a centre in Penampang and 49 from 12 families at a centre in Beaufort,” the statement said.
It also said 152 villages in 11 districts in Sabah had been affected by heavy rains last Saturday.
Fake or not? Check our quick fake news buster here.