PETALING JAYA: More than 100 individuals were arrested by authorities on Friday for breaching the recovery movement control order (RMCO).
Senior Minister for Security Ismail Sabri Yaakob said there were 129 arrests involving activities such as not adhering to SOPs and participation in nightclub activities.
Other offences included not recording the particulars of guests, failure to wear face masks or gloves when cutting hair, and participation in activities that made physical distancing difficult.
Of those arrested, 109 were slapped with compounds while 20 were remanded, Ismail said in his daily statement.
He said authorities had set up 66 roadblocks across the country and inspected 25,368 vehicles to stop illegal immigrants from entering Malaysia.
He warned that the government will take stern action against anyone who tried to come in using illegal channels.
Ismail also said that up to Friday, 11,236 individuals had returned to Malaysia and were quarantined in 60 hotels and five public training centres in the Klang Valley, Negeri Sembilan, Penang, Johor, Sarawak, Kelantan, Perak, Perlis, Kedah and Labuan.
Of the total, 44 had been admitted to hospital for treatment and 2,992 allowed to go home.
He said police also conducted checks on those undergoing 14-day home quarantine and found that all had complied with the SOPs.