Sarawak to allow licensed entertainment centres to operate from Aug 20

Sarawak is set to allow licensed entertainment centres, indoor busking, and live events from Thursday. (File pic)

KUCHING: Sarawak has decided to allow licensed entertainment centres to operate starting Thursday.

State disaster management committee chairman Douglas Uggah Embas said it was compulsory for the licensed entertainment operators to comply with the SOPs provided by the state local government and housing ministry.

On a related matter, he said SOPs for indoor busking and live events prepared by the state tourism, arts and culture ministry would also come into effect on Thursday.

In addition, he said all Sarawakians who travelled into the state from overseas would have to undergo a 14-day quarantine.

“They are also required to undergo Covid-19 tests on the second and tenth day after their arrival. The cost for the quarantine and Covid-19 tests will be borne by the state government,” he said at a press conference today.

However, non-Sarawakians would have to pay the costs for the quarantine and Covid-19 tests, he said.

Earlier, he also said there were no Covid-19 cases reported in the state today. The Covid-19 positive cases in Sarawak remain at 682. So far, a total of 19 people have succumbed to the virus in the state.