GEORGE TOWN: A student is still in a critical condition after carbon monoxide poisoning killed three others, including her twin sister, having a nap in a car.
Penang police chief Sahabudin Abd Manan said Nor Aqilah Mohd Safwan, 21, is in the intensive care unit of Hospital Angkatan Tentera Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin in Kuala Lumpur.
The four were found unconscious in an MPV at the parking lot of a petrol station in Sama Gagah, next to the North-South Expressway, on Wednesday.
“There are many close-circuit television cameras at the petrol station, but there are also many cars parked there. So, the public and maybe the staff didn’t notice that the victims had parked there for a long time,” Sahabudin told reporters here today.
He said police had classified the case as sudden death as no foul play was suspected.
Those killed were Sharifah Fariesha Syed Fathi, Ayuni Shazwanie Shabri and Nor Aqilah’s twin Nor Adilah, all aged 21.
Initial investigations showed the four friends had gone to Pulau Jerejak, near here, for a holiday and were on their way home to Sungai Petani and Gurun in Kedah when they decided to take a break at the petrol station’s car park