TUARAN: Sabah Perikatan Nasional (PN) chairman Hajiji Noor will take legal action against those who had viralled a video claiming he had seized land belonging to villagers and handed it over to his company.
The Sabah PPBM chief said he planned to lodge a police report and file a civil suit against those responsible, who seemed to be targeting his campaign in the 16th Sabah elections.
“It (the allegation) is not true.
“I am referring this matter to my lawyer, including the suit. This is slander and not a fact.
“You can say anything in politics but tell the truth; don’t talk without thinking. This is a desperate act.”
Hajiji, who is defending the Sulaman seat, said this after a meet-and-greet programme in Kampung Selaud, Tuaran, 40km from Kota Kinabalu, today.
It was also attended by PPBM vice-president and Melaka state executive councillor Mohd Rafiq Naizamohideen.
The video, which has gone viral on social media, alleged that Hajiji had seized 12ha of land in Kuala Tongol, Tuaran, and transferred it to his company.
In this state election, the six-term Sulaman assemblyman is facing a three-cornered fight with Parti Cinta Sabah candidate Rekan Hussein and Aliasgar Basir from Warisan, who is also his nephew.
Earlier, Hajiji urged the people to make the right choice in polling on Saturday to improve their well-being, which he said had been neglected by the Warisan-led government.
“This is a golden opportunity. We do not want to listen to any more stories from the opposite side who claim they had done various things for the Sabah people. We want a developed state whose security is guaranteed.”
In his speech, Rafiq said he believed Sabahans are capable of making a smart decision in choosing a government which is aligned with the federal government for the sake of development and progress.
Click here for the latest on the Sabah polls