SHAH ALAM: The Selangor government today tabled a RM2.32 billion state budget for 2021.
Menteri Besar Amirudin Shari said that under the budget, a sum of RM1.22 billion, or 53% of the total budget, will be spent on expenditure while the remaining RM1.10 billion (47%) will be spent on development.
He added that the 2021 state budget had taken into account the fact that Selangor is expected to collect RM2.2 billion from land premiums.
Up to yesterday, Amirudin said the state has collected RM1.99 billion from various state taxes.
“Yes, there is a deficit of RM123 million for 2021 but this deficit is lower compared with the RM133 million under the 2020 budget ,” Amirudin told the state assembly here today.
He also said that RM337.3 million will be disbursed for infrastructure development.
“Meanwhile, RM279.7 million will be spent for economic development, and the remaining RM299.9 million for social development,” he added.
Last year, Selangor tabled a RM2.33 billion budget for 2020.