PORT DICKSON: Health minister Khairy Jamaluddin will explain in detail in the Dewan Negara this Thursday on questions raised by several parties regarding the appointment of MySJ Sdn Bhd (MySJ) as the licensee of the MySejahtera application.
Khairy said he also made a request to Senate president Rais Yatim to allow a motion to be debated on Thursday, as the issue of personal data privacy was important.
“I will answer all the questions in the Senate. There is nothing to hide.
“Those who are not familiar with this may not have read up on it in full, and continue to raise the same issue.
“I understand this is an important issue involving personal data, and so it’s better for me to answer (the questions) in the Senate,” he told reporters during a visit to Hospital Port Dickson here today.
Khairy once again reiterated his statement that the appointment of KPISoft Malaysia Sdn Bhd as the MySejahtera application developer was done by the National Security Council (MKN) in 2020.
He said several companies had been invited to make their presentations, and MKN chose KPISoft, which has now been rebranded as Entomo Malaysia Sdn Bhd.
He said Entomo then gave the licence to the company, MySJ Sdn Bhd.
“So we’re negotiating with the company that had been maintaining the app since the very beginning for the continuation of their service, because they developed the platform.
“The original appointment was made by MKN and now I am in the process of making it an official contract. That is all I’m trying to do,” he said.
Earlier today, it was reported that Umno deputy president Mohamad Hasan had called for the government to clarify the alleged involvement of MySJ in the acquisition of the MySejahtera application.
Mohamad said although MySejahtera was a helpful and beneficial application, allegations of the appointment of a private entity MySJ as the company that would manage the MySejahtera application for the next phase, was a matter of concern.
Among the issues raised was the appointment of MySJ through a direct negotiation mechanism and not via an open tender.
Meanwhile, Khairy said the government would still maintain the use of MySejahtera for the next month or two.
“When the situation has stabilised, it may be the right time for us to stop using MySejahtera.
“Like Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan said, we have become a surveillance state, that is not right.
“We are only using MySejahtera for public health purposes. The health ministry knows when to stop using the app,” he said.
During his visit today, Khairy said the cost required to upgrade the emergency and trauma department at Hospital Port Dickson was RM23 million, while the cost for the specialist block at the hospital amounted to RM160 million.
He said Hospital Jelebu also required an upgrade. However, there was no allocation for it so far.
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST DATA ON THE COVID-19 SITUATION IN MALAYSIA