PETALING JAYA: The police are working with various parties to track down the individual who is suspected of abducting an 11-year old boy six years ago.
Wangsa Maju police chief Ashari Abu Samah told FMT that they were waiting for certain information from the Indonesian embassy and the immigration department regarding the suspect.
The latest development followed a plea by Lam Ah Choy, 59, for the police to beef up their efforts to find his son Kim Ming who went missing in Pudu in 2016.
“The investigation is ongoing. We are waiting for information from the immigration department and the Indonesian embassy,” he said.
Kim Ming was believed to have been abducted when his father left him in a restaurant to pick up an item from his parked car. When he returned to the table, his son had disappeared.
Since then, Ah Choy had filed 12 police reports but the effort to find his son had been futile.
On Oct 11, Ah Choy submitted a memorandum to the Inspector-General of Police Acryl Sani Abdullah Sani to urge the police to form a task force to investigate the disappearance.
In the memorandum, Ah Choy stated that he believed his son was kidnapped by an Indonesian woman by the name of Nadia Kristina.