PETALING JAYA: A photographer has been remanded to assist in an investigation involving the alleged molestation of a Year 3 boy at a school in Bandar Baru Salak Tinggi, Sepang, on May 12.
According to Kosmo, the victim claimed he was molested by the suspect three times during a school event.
Sepang deputy police chief Noor Aehwan Mohammad said the 39-year-old man was arrested on May 26 at the district police headquarters.
He said the suspect had been remanded until Thursday to assist in the probe and investigation papers have been referred to the deputy public prosecutor’s office.
“During questioning, the suspect denied touching the boy’s private parts,” Noor Aehwan said.
The suspect allegedly molested the student in a classroom after the victim had paid RM5 to have his pictures taken.
The victim tried to push the suspect’s hand away but failed.
“Following the incident, the victim’s father lodged a complaint with the school and the suspect was called in to explain the allegation.
“The suspect admitted to committing the offence and the school (has) decided not to allow the suspect to enter the school premises for any other programmes in the future,” he said.