PETALING JAYA: Kedah menteri besar Sanusi Nor has confirmed that the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission has taken his statement over alleged corruption and illegal mining of rare earth elements (REE) in the state.
Sanusi said MACC officers had only recorded his statement and he did not need to provide any documents.
“It’s all settled. This was last week … or was it two weeks ago? I do things quietly,” he told reporters after the swearing-in of all 36 Kedah state assemblymen at Wisma Darul Aman today.
“They only asked four questions. I am not a bad person. I am known as a good person, so they did not need to ask me so many questions.”
On Sept 11, MACC chief Azam Baki said the anti-graft agency would soon summon Sanusi to seek further clarification as the investigation papers related to the REE issue were in the final stages of completion.
Earlier, in July, Azam was reported to have said that his officers were tracking down several foreigners from China as witnesses who had invested in the mining activities.
So far, 12 witnesses have provided statements to the anti-graft agency to assist in ongoing investigations.