PETALING JAYA: The full report on the Batang Kali landslide, which occurred last December, will be released tomorrow.
A source at the National Disaster Management Agency (Nadma) told FMT the report will be made available to the public on the federal disaster management agency’s website.
“Nadma will release the report on its website at at about 5pm tomorrow,” the source said.
The landslide, which occurred at the Father’s Organic Farm campsite in Batang Kali, Hulu Selangor, killed 31 people, including 13 children, and injured 61 others.
Selangor menteri besar Amirudin Shari previously said the document will be posted on Nadma’s website and that of other related agencies.
Preliminary findings by the works ministry showed that tension cracks that stretched along the road running above the hill slope and the accumulation of underground water beneath the campsite had likely caused the landslide.
It was previously reported that a preliminary report had been presented to the Cabinet on Jan 4.
Last year, local government development minister Nga Kor Ming revealed that the three campsites did not have the relevant licence to operate.
He also confirmed that the operator was only permitted to run an organic farm at the site but had not put in any application to set up campsites.