PETALING JAYA: The mother of a Malay College Kuala Kangsar student who was allegedly bullied at the boarding school has expressed disappointment over the lack of response from the education ministry despite an initial proposal in November to meet about the matter.
“It is such a shame,” the woman who asked to be known as Puan F told FMT.
“They (the education ministry) offered to meet with us (for a second meeting), but until now, no one has reached out to us despite us contacting the deputy minister’s secretary directly.”
Deputy education minister Lim Hui Ying said on Nov 8 that the ministry was prepared to meet with the student’s parents.
Puan F told FMT today that she had met with the ministry once right after the incident, along with the police and the school’s administration, although she provided no details.
“But nothing has come out of that, and we have not seen anyone from the ministry since.”
On Monday, Malaysiakini reported that the police had resubmitted the investigation paper on the case after obtaining the victim’s full medical report.
It was discovered that based on investigation findings, the police were inclined towards having several students charged in court.
The case was investigated under Section 323 of the Penal Code for voluntarily causing hurt, an offence punishable by a maximum of one year in jail or a RM2,000 fine upon conviction.
Puan F said the news sounded promising, and that she remained hopeful that the Attorney-General’s Chambers would take it from there soon.
Last month, she demanded that the group of seniors who allegedly assaulted her son in September be expelled.
She told FMT that although her son had to be hospitalised after suffering a groin injury during the assault, the bullies were only given three strokes of the cane and told to do community service.
She also criticised the school for not enforcing its “you touch, you go” policy, which states that bullies will be expelled.