Rescuers say they can hear the voices of some of those trapped in makeshift mining shafts and believe many are still alive.
If the city council and officers and others involved in the project walk away scot free, it will only promote impunity, says consumer group.
Many factors, including heavy rain, contributed to Penang landslide.
Penang Island City Council says its officials and consultants will carry out regular checks to ensure specifications are met.
Parts of the provincial capital Makassar have also been affected.
The Department of Safety and Health says stop-work order is still in effect although work to strengthen surrounding slopes is allowed.
Landslides are common in Indonesia, a vast tropical archipelago prone to natural disasters and torrential downpours.
The landslides buried 30 homes.
State exco man says the federal Department of Environment gave exemption through a letter in 2015.
Investigation papers into Bukit Kukus landslide that killed 9 will be sent to public prosecutor in a few days.
Penang police say they may call in more people for questioning to see if there were elements of negligence in the landslide that claimed nine lives.
Penang Deputy Chief Minister I Ahmad Zakiyuddin Abdul Rahman says the purpose of the committee is to keep state officials informed of what happened in the landslide.
PHW coordinator Rexy Prakash Chacko says there are more dangerously cut hills in the area which have no measures to prevent soil erosion.
AG should seek higher fine and push for jail sentence as deterrent to other construction companies.
Jurisdictive silos have exacted immeasurable costs on the environment and now on human lives as well.
Activist asks Penang island mayor why the city council did not prosecute contractors over the Tanjung Bungah landslide, saying this will send the wrong signal to irresponsible quarters.
Penang police will check if there were lapses in safety aspects at the site, as minister M Kulasegaran reveals three possible causes for the landslide.
C4 wants an independent review of the mega project following the latest landslide in Penang which has claimed nine lives so far.
The Penang Front Party claims there was abuse of power resulting in the tragedy.
No casualties were reported in the 5pm incident.
The chief minister says existing monitoring guidelines will be overhauled while taking climate change into consideration.
Environmental activist says compensation for families of those who died in last Friday’s incident must be increased.
The endless avoidance of responsibility and blame must end with someone, or else it will be business as usual after the dust settles.
Chow Kon Yeow says corrections will be made if necessary once the stop-work order on the project is withdrawn.