Tag: mass graves
Forensics expert Dr Mohd Suhani Mohd Noor says the cause of death could only be determined for two out of 114 bodies sent to the hospital where he works.
He also says the high possibility of getting UNHCR cards, that exempts them from arrests, made many Myanmars want to enter Malaysia illegally.
Former National Security Council director for Perlis tells inquiry into mass graves he had not expected foreigners to enter illegally via that route.
She said Khalid confirmed off-record that police had indeed discovered the Wang Burma camp and graves in January 2015 and not in May 2015.
S Arulldas, who found mass graves on a hilltop in Perlis, says he and a photographer just stepped over a stretch of barbed wire in Thailand and were in Perlis, with no fence or security personnel to stop them.
Witnesses in the RCI hearing seem to contradict each other and there appears to have been delays in police probes after the death camps were found.
As the name is categorised as 'classified information', reporters are told to leave the hall where the RCI inquiry is being held.
Inspector Husyairi Muhd Musa says he had no choice but to follow the instructions given by his superior although it was not standard procedure to draft such a report.
Former Perlis police chief Zul Aznam Haron says then IGP Khalid Abu Bakar told him this case will have a big impact on country as it involves foreign nationals and a comprehensive probe was needed.
The commander of a General Operations Force battalion tells the RCI one of his men remains suspended following a probe by MACC while another has ‘problems’.
Ex-Padang Besar police chief says the Perlis authorities waited for instructions from Bukit Aman.
ASP Junaidy Md Saad says he received this instruction from the district police chief.
DSP Sivanganam Thirumugam, the ground commander overseeing the demolition of a jungle camp, says the Wang Kelian operation was his last with the General Operations Force.
Assistant superintendent tells RCI into the discovery of mass graves at Wang Kelian that they stopped after discovering the graves.
Police officer says he was unaware of standard operating procedures regarding illegal immigrants while another says he handled recovered items even though it was beyond his jurisdiction.
Two witnesses tell the royal commission of inquiry into the Wang Kelian human graves discovery that they saw a camp with caged containment areas and tents in 2015.
The hearings will be held for three days: April 17, 18 and 22.
They were among up to 180,000 people who may have been killed in the late 1980s when chemical gas was used.
Veteran journalist Arulldas Sinnappan tells of his investigation of human trafficking and the 'trail of suffering' that led to the 2015 expose.
The remains of over 300 men, women and children were found last year at a site where ethnic Tamil guerrillas fought security forces during a 37-year ethnic war that ended in May 2009.
Team will come up with its report in six months, says Home Minister Muhyiddin Yassin.
The Myanmar Ethnic Rohingya Human Rights Organization Malaysia urges the government to maintain pressure at the international level to tackle the problem.
The announcement by the home minister comes four years after the discovery of 139 graves in Wang Kelian which borders Thailand.
IS overran swathes of Iraq in 2014, executing fighters and civilians en masse and using other forms of repression to seize and keep territory in the country's north and west.
12Page 1 of 2