
Muhyiddin also said he is hopeful that the PH leadership will soon announce the cabinet line-up “taking into consideration the desires and expectations of the people”.
“On behalf of PPBM, I want to say that we fully support Mahathir to lead the opposition in any new government. This is based on his experience in leading the government for 22 years.
“We have no doubt that Mahathir, together with other PH leaders, will put Malaysia back on the right track again,” he said, in a speech at the inaugural PPBM annual general meeting (AGM), held at the Ideal Convention Centre here, today.
He added that Barisan Nasional will do anything in their desperate attempt to continue to rule, disregarding the future of the country.
“This is apparent in the government’s attempts to push through the Election Commission’s redelineation exercise which has been made to favour the BN.
“They are also scared that all their mismanagement and corruption will be revealed should they lose GE14,” Muhyiddin told the approximately 1,000 delegates in attendance.
It was reported earlier this month that the opposition coalition had agreed to PH chairman Mahathir and president Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail being its prospective prime minister and deputy prime minister in a PH government.
On Dec 3, PH member parties – PKR, DAP, Amanah and PPBM – discussed naming Mahathir and Wan Azizah as interim prime minister and deputy prime minister, respectively, if the coalition wins the next general election during a retreat last Sunday.
DAP, Amanah and PPBM were reported to have agreed to the proposal but PKR put off a final decision pending consultation with Anwar Ibrahim who is serving a prison sentence.