A. Arujunnan, the stepfather of two pupils, said four families had agreed to take legal action soon.
Seven pupils of Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan Tamil Ladang Nigel Gardner in Hulu Selangor were admitted to the Sungai Buloh Hospital last Friday after having eaten noodles provided under the Supplementary Food Programme.
“We had a discussion and feel that this measure (legal action) must be taken so that it serves as a lesson for all school canteen operators,” Arujunnan told Bernama at the hospital where his stepchildren, S. Piravin, 11, and S. Pavitra Devi, 12, are undergoing treatment.
Following the incident, the services of the canteen operator and the supplier of the noodles have been suspended.
Arujunnan said he was worried because an X-ray showed tiny flecks, suspected to be glass shards, in the bodies of his stepchildren.
His wife, M. Kasthuri, 36, said she was grateful that her children were not in any critical condition as of now.
“I only hope that they do not suffer from any other health conditions as a result of the incident,” she said.
Fifty-four pupils of the school had eaten the noodles and 20 complained of abdominal pain.
Deputy Education Minister P. Kamalanathan has said that another food supplier had been arranged so as not to disrupt the supplementary food programme.
Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak has called for a thorough investigation into the matter.
– BERNAMA
