Police probe detention of 10 Malaysian drug mules

Police probe detention of 10 Malaysian drug mules

IGP Khalid Abu Bakar says police are in contact with Interpol to confirm the detention of 10 Malaysians.

khalid

KUALA LUMPUR:
The Royal Malaysia Police are still investigating claims that 10 drug mules, who are Malaysian nationals, have been detained in several countries.

Inspector-General of Police Khalid Abu Bakar said the police would contact the International Police (Interpol) to confirm the matter.

“The report has yet to be confirmed… we are still communicating with our Interpol colleagues,” he said when contacted by Bernama, here yesterday.

Khalid disclosed this when asked to comment on a report in a local television station last night on the detention of 10 Malaysian nationals abroad who were believed to be drug mules.

Two of them were detained in China and another two in Canada, while three other drug mules were said to have sought protection from the Malaysian embassy in the United Arab Emirates after escaping from drug syndicates.

The report stated that all three had been brought back to Malaysia on Monday morning.

Meanwhile, the fate of another five Malaysian nationals who were made drug mules by an international syndicate was still unknown.

Based on the information received, all of them had left from KLIA in Sepang on March 30 for several countries.

– BERNAMA

Stay current - Follow FMT on WhatsApp, Google news and Telegram

Subscribe to our newsletter and get news delivered to your mailbox.