
Health minister Dr Adham Baba said improvements in vaccine administration SOPs will be extended to all other PPVs.
“In addition, close monitoring at PPVs will be enhanced to ensure that SOPs are fully complied with,” he said in a statement today.
This comes following allegations of reduced doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine being given at the World Trade Center Kuala Lumpur, leading to fears of under-dosing.
Complaints about under-dosing went viral on social media on May 20 after a number of people recorded themselves receiving their AstraZeneca jabs.
They took to social media to say they suspected that they had been given less than the required 0.5ml dosage.
However, it was reported that a vaccine recipient later received a second jab to receive the optimum dosage after lodging a complaint.