
State executive councillor for infrastructure and public facilities, modernisation of agriculture and agro-based industry Izham Hashim said the state government after an executive council meeting last year had taken note of the presentation from the Malaysian Highway Authority on the proposed PJD Link project.
“It considered and agreed in principle to the proposed PJD Link project and set the conditions under which it is to be implemented, which are in accordance with the application processing procedures by negotiation under Section 20A of the Town and Country Planning Act 1976 (Act 172).
“The concessionaire needs to carry out an environmental impact assessment and a social impact assessment for the implementation of this project, including holding public engagement sessions with local residents involved in the proposed alignment,” he said in response to a question by Rajiv Rishyakaran (PH-Bukit Gasing).
Rajiv wanted to know the status of the highway as well as the status of the approval already given to the construction company.
Izham said the proposed privatisation of the highway project was notified at the Cabinet meeting on Aug 4, 2017 and it was agreed to in principle by the Cabinet through the build-operate-transfer method subject to further negotiations on technical and financial proposals.
“The federal government also determined that negotiations with the company can only be started after the company receives policy approval from the Selangor government on the proposed implementation of the project,” he added.