
LCSB, the authorised operator of the road, said the trial would be conducted at two entry points – Genting Sempah and the Gohtong Jaya roundabout – to ensure that the system functions smoothly ahead of full implementation.
“During the testing period, no payment will be imposed for using Jalan Genting Highlands,” it said in a public advisory dated March 23.
“However, permitted road users are still required to tap their payment cards, such as Touch ‘n Go or debit/credit cards, at each gantry for testing purposes when passing through.”
The company did not specify how long the trial period would last.
LCSB said motorists must continue to comply with the rules and regulations governing road use in Genting Highlands, along with any additional requirements to be introduced.
“This ensures smooth operations and safe access for everyone,” it added.
In November last year, Genting Malaysia confirmed plans to impose charges on vehicles using its private road to Genting Highlands.
The company said the charge was necessitated by rising maintenance costs for the 24km private road, which the company has borne since the 1960s. It has yet to confirm the intended rate.