That’s not my son, says Haziq’s father

Muhammad Haziq Abdul Aziz speaking in the video released earlier this week in which he confessed to being one of two men caught on camera engaging in homosexual acts.

PETALING JAYA: The father of Santubong PKR Youth chief Muhammad Haziq Abdul Aziz, whose shock confession that he was one of two men filmed engaging in homosexual acts landed him in the limelight this week, says he does not believe it is his son in the clips which have gone viral on social media.

Speaking to theSun daily, Abdul Aziz Ibrahim said he had watched both the confession and the lewd clips multiple times.

“The latter appears to be shady, and I don’t think that’s my son,” he said.

He added that he had “analysed” the confession clip as well, “looking at his posture, his movement and his tone, hoping it was fake”.

Haziq, the private secretary of Deputy Primary Industries Minister Shamsul Iskandar Mohd Akin, said the videos, which he claimed were recorded without his permission, were taken on May 11 at Hotel Four Points in Sandakan, during the recent by-election there.

He also named Economic Affairs Minister Mohamed Azmin Ali as the other person in the video.

Azmin has strongly denied the claim and threatened to take legal action.

Haziq, meanwhile, has been suspended from his position.

Aziz told theSun he had been unable to contact his son until yesterday.

He also described Haziq as “a very nice man” and said he believes that his son is not a homosexual.