Court official says no decision on Sabah CM post on Thursday

KOTA KINABALU: A decision on an originating summons in the dispute over who is the rightful chief minister of Sabah will not be delivered on Oct 25, a court official clarified today.

Deputy Registrar in charge of the administration of the High Court, Elsie Primus said lawyers from both sides will make oral submissions and arguments on that day.

A lawyer had yesterday said a decision would likely be given on Oct 25 after the court brought forward by one day the hearing of an originating summons by former chief minister Musa Aman.

Musa is challenging the validity of Warisan president Shafie Apdal’s appointment by Sabah governor Juhar Mahiruddin as chief minister following the May 9 polls.

It was earlier reported that High Court judge Yew Jen Kie had rescheduled the date to decide on Musa’s originating summons a day earlier than the initial Oct 26 date.

Yesterday, Shafie’s lead counsel Douglas Lind said they received a letter from the court last week stating that the date had been brought forward to Oct 25.

“However, there was no reason mentioned. All submissions pertaining to the case have been filed and only the decision is left now. It will be delivered that day at 2.30pm at the High Court,” he had said when contacted yesterday.