SELAYANG: Top cop Mohamad Fuzi Harun today assured that no stone will be left unturned in the investigation into Najib Razak’s former special officer for uploading a video clip of the former prime minister’s ongoing criminal trial on social media.
Speaking to reporters after a visit to the Selayang Hospital here, he said Isham Jalil had been called in for questioning.
“Investigations are ongoing,” he said, adding that the case will be referred to the deputy public prosecutor soon.
“Don’t worry, trust us,” he said.
Fuzi also said 60% of elite task force teams from the Special Task Force for Anti-Vice, Gaming and Gangsterism (STAGG), the Special Task Force on Organised Crime (Stafoc) and the Special Tactical Intelligence Narcotics Group (STING) have been transferred to different departments.
“The process is ongoing and should be completed in a month or two,” he added.
The special units were officially disbanded late last year. Fuzi said then that the 600 officers would be absorbed into other departments.
When asked who would succeed him after his retirement next month, Fuzi only said he is “ready for retirement”.
“The government will decide on my successor, whom I am confident will be able to contribute more than I did,” said Fuzi, who turns 60 on May 4.
Speculation is rife that Fuzi’s acting deputy, Abdul Hamid Bador, who was also present today, will replace him as top cop.
On the Sandakan by-election on May 11, Fuzi said he had instructed the Sabah police to increase the number of personnel if necessary.
He said this is due to Sabah’s proximity to the troubled southern Philippines, adding that the police would be on their guard.
On the seven police officers detained for corruption in Pahang, Fuzi said they would await the report from the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) before taking action.
“We want full details of the case from MACC,” he said.