
Wong officially left office last Thursday (Aug 15).
Abang Johari said that as the chief minister it was his prerogative to appoint someone to the Cabinet but he had yet to decide on who should fill the position.
Asked if there would be a state Cabinet reshuffle, Abang Johari said: “I don’t know. We didn’t discuss about that. We only discussed about the current political situation in the state and our plans for the next state budget,” he said after a meeting of the supreme leadership council of Parti Pesaka Bumiputera Bersatu (PBB) here today.
Wong, 77, is president of Parti Sarawak Bersatu and state assemblyman for Bawan Assan.
He stated last month that he was leaving as “a matter of political integrity” after members of his party were excluded from positions on the state’s 24 local councils. He said he had no “moral locus standi” to remain in the Cabinet.
PSB’s elected representatives were reported to have been deprived of funds meant for minor rural projects and the rural transformation programme since April.