PUTRAJAYA: Social events such as wedding ceremonies, kenduris, birthday or anniversary celebrations will be allowed from July 1, Senior Minister for Security Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced today.
However, there will be a time limit of five hours for each event, with a cap of 250 people subject to the size of the venue.
“The standard operating procedures (SOPs) we will set include health check counters at entrances, where the body temperature of guests must be checked.
“Those with symptoms cannot attend these ceremonies. For example, if they have a fever or flu, they cannot attend. Guests are also encouraged to wear masks,” Ismail said in his daily press briefing here today.
Organisers are required to register their guests, either using the MySejahtera app or by recording their details manually.
However, buffets are not yet allowed at events, with Ismail saying all food must be served by waiters.
Putrajaya has also agreed to allow Muslims in the federal territories to celebrate Hari Raya Aidiladha next month, with animal sacrifices to be conducted at mosques, suraus and other areas permitted by state religious authorities.
The local district health office must be informed of all sacrificial slaughter activities to be conducted, with a limit of 30 people to manage each cow.
All participants are required to register their details and undergo temperature checks and use hand sanitiser beforehand. The process of chopping up the meat, meanwhile, should be conducted with modern equipment and cannot be done in an enclosed and crowded area.
Those who exhibit symptoms of Covid-19 or suffer from chronic diseases and children aged 12 and below will not be allowed to attend.
Ismail said the guidelines drawn up by the Malaysian Islamic Development Department could be used as a reference for other states.
He said eight people were arrested by the police yesterday for involvement in activities that did not allow for social distancing, seven of whom were fined and the other remanded.
He said there have been no reports so far of anyone breaching the mandatory self-quarantine after returning from abroad, adding that the health ministry and police have been making random visits at homes.
He also said the education minister would present the SOPs for the reopening of tuition centres and suraus in schools this Friday.
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST DATA ON THE COVID-19 SITUATION IN MALAYSIA
Fake or not? Check our quick fake news buster here.