KUCHING: The Sarawak disaster management committee has placed a ban on all non-Sarawakians arriving from Sabah and Labuan, starting from this Sunday until Oct 18.
Committee chairman Douglas Uggah Embas said Sarawakians coming home from Sabah and Labuan were required to undergo a 14-day quarantine at a designated centre.
He said Covid-19 tests would be conducted on the second and 10th day during the quarantine period.
“As for those in the essential services who are required to travel in and out of Sabah and Brunei via land, they must take a Covid-19 swab test before they start working,” he said at a press conference today.
“They are also required to apply for a permit from the division disaster management committee and to be tested for Covid-19, once every 14 days, until we give new instructions.”
Meanwhile, all arrivals from the peninsula, including Sarawakians, must be quarantined for 14 days and are required to take two Covid-19 swab tests.
“Those from West Malaysia and foreigners are allowed to come in, but they will be put under quarantine for two weeks. They also have to pay their own costs,” Uggah said, adding that the state government would only bear the costs for Sarawakians.
He said all arrivals must fill in the e-health declaration form.
Earlier, Uggah said there were no new Covid-19 cases in the state today.
So far, 682 positive cases have been reported in Sarawak. The death toll in the state remains at 19.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR LIVE UPDATE OF THE COVID-19 SITUATION IN MALAYSIA