SHAH ALAM: Amanah president Mat Sabu will be fielded to contest the Kota Raja parliamentary seat in the general election, and is believed likely to face Selangor MIC Youth chief D Kajendran.
Mohamad Sabu, announcing the Selangor Amanah election slate, said many leaders who deserved to contest were not chosen.
“We have three candidates for every one chosen, but these are the chosen ones and the ones who have the responsibility to deliver for Pakatan Harapan.
“There are many candidates who are deserving but these are the ones the system has chosen,” he said at a press conference here today.
He said the decision for him to stand in Kota Raja was a party decision and not his own.
“It’s not a case of being a safe seat as we do not know which seats can turn from ‘safe’ to ‘unsafe’. The decisions on candidates were made based after many discussions and considerations by the party.”
Commenting on a Parti Warisan Sabah statement that Amanah does not need to contest seats in Sabah, Mat Sabu said that was only the opinion of Warisan leader Shafie Apdal. “We will still discuss this with the coalition.”
The Amanah election slate for Selangor:
* Kuala Selangor – Dzulkefly Ahmad
* Shah Alam – Khalid Samad
* Sepang – Hanipa Maidin
* Hulu Langat – Hasanuddin Yunus
State assembly seats:
* Sabak – Ahmad Mustain Othman
* Sungai Panjang – Mariam Abdul Rashid
* Taman Templer -Sany Hamzan
* Hulu Kelang – Saari Sungib
* Pandan Indah – Izham Hashim
* Sungai Ramal – Mazwan Johar
* Seri Serdang – Siti Mariah Mahmud
* Meru – Fakhrulrazi Mokhtar
* Morib – Hasnul Baharuddin
Click here to get live updates throughout the GE14 season