She said the opposition parties would work on a reaching a consensus, but Pakatan Harapan leaders would not compromise on the commitment reached in the alliance.
She said PKR deputy president Mohamed Azmin Ali has taken on the task of discussing the seat allocation with all parties.
Nurul Izzah took note of the PAS claim that the two seats had traditionally been contested by the Islamic party, but also voiced appreciation of a gag order issued by vice president Iskandar Abdul Samad until official talks are over.
PAS said its members should refrain from making comments about the two by-elections, with Iskandar saying that official statements would only be released by the party’s central committee.
Nurul Izzah called for closed-door discussions. “We want to ensure that the one against one fight (against Barisan Nasional) is realised,” she said.
There should be no clashes among the three parties as in the Sarawak state election, at which DAP and PKR had faced each other as well as the BN in six seats.
“As we saw in Sarawak, where there was a battle (for the seats), surely the seat will go to BN (Barisan Nasional),” said Nurul Izzah, who is MP for Lembah Pantai. “I think this is also the stand taken in the PH meeting.”
The by-elections in Sungai Besar and Kuala Kangsar on June 18 are to fill the vacancies caused by the deaths of the two MPs, Noriah Kasnon and Wan Mohammad Khair-il Anuar, in a helicopter crash in Sarawak last week.
