
“On Monday, I will direct my staff to scan all the documents and correspondence and also create a timeline. After that I will publish a report on my Facebook by the middle of the week,” he told FMT.
He said the decision to publish the report on his Facebook came after the Selangor government “yet again” failed to meet the deadline to give him a written reply on its audit of his welfare programme by 5pm on June 23.
“I have nothing to hide and believe that being fully transparent on the matter is the only thing left to do.
“When they see the documents and the timeline, I am certain my constituents will understand why I am unhappy with the state of things.”
On June 15, in a short letter, Wong had said action taken by the Selangor government had left them with no funds to run the welfare programme.
In a Facebook post minutes later, he said his office was currently writing 355 letters to the people in his constituency who had been interviewed the previous week for the Welfare Month programme.
Wong published a newsletter for his constituents earlier promising that his office will continue to engage the Selangor government and resolve the issues involving the welfare programme.
In the newsletter, Wong said his office was currently embroiled in a tussle with the Selangor government on an audit that was supposedly conducted on his office spending in March 2016.
His office only received the report 11 months later in February this year.
“We objected to both the process of the audit, which we deem was done without due process, as well as the findings, which we refuted as baseless.
“The Selangor government then proceeded to stonewall my office for three-and-a-half months, despite my office sending four letters to them.
“I had given them a final 14-day notice to reply to my letters but the Selangor government has yet again failed to respond. We then disclosed via Facebook our objections to the audit.”
He revealed that only after the disclosure did his office finally get a response but the action of the Selangor government resulted in his inability to continue with the welfare programme.
Wong told FMT that although many of his constituents were “sad” over the suspension of the welfare aid, they understood the situation and were confident it will be resolved soon.
“They have faith in my office because this is our fourth year doing the Bulan Kebajikan and we’ve never abused the programme.
“Every applicant knows they will be interviewed and they have to produce relevant documents,” he said, adding that his office was known for being unprejudiced when it came to giving aid.
“People know that my office does not discriminate or favour anyone based on party affiliation. Nobody is given aid just because they are from PKR.”