6 nabbed over kidnapping of businessman and wife

6 nabbed over kidnapping of businessman and wife

Police say RM250,000 ransom money paid by the family was recovered after the arrests.

PETALING JAYA:
Police have arrested six men to assist in investigations into the kidnapping of a businessman and his wife in Jitra, Kedah.

Federal CID chief Huzir Mohamed said all the suspects, in their 20s and 50s, were apprehended by the Bukit Aman Criminal Investigation Department last week.

Huzir Mohamed, Federal CID chief.

Huzir said the businessman and his wife were kidnapped on Nov 30 by four masked men from their house in Jitra. The kidnappers demanded a ransom of RM2 million from the family, but only RM250,000 was paid.

“The victims were released by the kidnappers on Dec 1 after they failed to obtain the remaining amount of the ransom,” Huzir said.

He said police also managed to recover the ransom, paid in the form of cash and jewellery, after the arrest of the suspects.

Stay current - Follow FMT on WhatsApp, Google news and Telegram

Subscribe to our newsletter and get news delivered to your mailbox.